Updates in Management of Malignant Cerebral Edema
Malignant cerebral edema can quickly become a life-threatening emergency for a patient with a large cerebral infarction. This webinar will guide the clinician through the latest evidence for management, with a focus on neurosurgical interventions.
- Review medical management for cerebral edema
- Explain criteria for supratentorial and infratentorial decompressive craniectomy
- Describe latest research advancing guiding our understanding for how to best care for patients eligible for neurosurgical intervention
About the Presenter
Dr. Anthony Harrington grew up in Overland Park, KS and served for four years on active duty in the United States Marine Corps after high school. After his honorable discharge, he used the G.I. Bill to obtain his undergraduate degree at the University of Colorado where he discovered his passion for medicine and the neurosciences.
Next, he went to medical school at the University of Kansas, completed his Neurology residency at the University of Colorado, then spent an additional year in a Vascular Neurology fellowship at the University of Michigan. He is now back home in Kansas City, with his ever-growing family, fulfilling his dream of being a Neurohospitalist with Blue Sky Neurology at Research Medical Center; all while serving the community that he loves.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
- Release Date: 10/10/23
- Expiration Date: 10/10/24
- Estimated time to complete this activity is 1 hour.